What's New in Client/Server Edition Version 3.0 (released on April 21st, 2010)
- Performance was improved greatly. Now you can enjoy around 3x to 10x speed increase when you refresh the database.
- Added a new area on the vacation editor to indicate how many staffs having vacation/leave plan during the same time range for the whole company and for the same department when you create a new plan.
- Able to reactivate inactive staffs.
- Fixed the "access violation" bug when you open the statistics window if the current chart has no plan.
- We offer free upgrade for each V2.x users. You can use your V2's license codes to unlock V3 without any problem.
How to Upgrade from V2.x
- V3 server and V2 server can coexist on the same computer. V3 client and V2 client can coexist on the same computer, too.
- Install the V3 server program on a computer acting as a server. If you want to transfer your V2 data to V3, copy all files from V2 server's installation folder\Server\Data (by default, it is C:\Program Files\MyVacationTrackerCS\Server\Data), to V3 server's installation folder\Server\Data (by default, it is C:\Program files\MyVacationTrackerCSV3\Server\Data), overwrite all existing files.
- At each client side, install the new version client program without uninstalling the old version. Launch My Vacation Tracker Client Database Connection Tools from Start Button -> Programs -> My Vacation Tracker CS 3-> My Vacation Tracker Client Database Connection Tools. Input your V3 server's computer name or IP address. Click "Test Connection" button. If the connection is successful, close it and save the current settings.
- After you test V3 client can connect to your V3 server and have all of your V2 data transferred to V3, you can uninstall your V2 server program and your V2 client programs.