What's New in Version 2.70 (released on April 9th, 2009)
- Able to set an "Employee ID" for each staff.
- Able to show "Employee ID" on staff inspector and its reports.
- Able to show list report ranges on the top-right corner of each list report when you set any range.
- Able to create a holiday profile and apply this profile to any staff. You can create different holiday profiles and apply them to any staffs as you like.
- Able to create a working day/hour profile and apply this profile to any staff. You can create different working day/hour profiles and apply them to any staffs as you like.
- Able to edit any staff to set as "inactive". Then that staff won't be displayed on the chart. It is used to handle those staffs who left your company. You don't need to delete it because you might still want to keep all the information in your database. You can switch to "Data" tab and click "Inactive Staffs" to view all inactive staffs.
- Now you can input continuous working hours. For example, you can create some shifts like "8:00 AM to 1:00 PM" and "1:00 PM to 5:00 PM". In former version, these kind of settings were not allowed.
- Holiday list won't be resorted by date after you delete any holidays.
- You can now select multiple holiday rows (hold shift or ctrl key) and delete multiple rows at once.
- Right click on the chart, a new menu item called "range selector" is added on the popup menu. You can select "This Week" or "This Month" to define the chart's range as this week or this month on the chart.
- Free upgrade for both V1.x and V2.x users. Your V1.x's license user/key still works with V2.
How to Upgrade from V2.x
- Do not uninstall your current version (v2.x).
- Make a backup of your current version's data from Data tab after you launch My Vacation Tracker.
- Shut down My Vacation Tracker.
- Open the installation package (zip file) you downloaded from our website, double click "mvt_setup.exe" to install the latest version.
- During the installation process, the "Upgrade" option will be selected automatically. Follow the installation wizard then your old version will be overwritten automatically. All existing data will be untouched.
How to Upgrade from V1.x
- Do not uninstall V1.x. V2 can coexist with V1.x on the same computer. V2's data is independent with V1.x.
- During the V2's installation process, make sure the installation folder is different with your current V1.x's installation folder. By default, it uses a different folder of V1.x.
- After you finish V2's installation, make sure My Vacation Tracker V2 is not running. Then go to the Start -> Programs -> My Vacation Tracker V2 ->Database Migration Tool (from V1.x to V2.x). The "Database Migration Tool" will be launched. Follow the on-screen instructions to import your V1's data into V2.
- Start V2 from Start -> Programs -> My Vacation Tracker V2 ->My Vacation Tracker. You will see all of your V1's data in V2.
- Phase out V1.