What's New in Version 2.50 (released on February 24th, 2009)
- Able to set a "year offset" value for each vacation/leave type.
- Able to add/edit "notes" information for each vacation/leave type.
- Able to show helpful information when you create a special rule for certain type on the special rule editor window. For example, if the current type's accrual option is by enrollment anniversary, the editor will show the current staff's enrollment date.
- Able to select multiple departments when you print a list report.
"Year Offset" will only be applied when you set each vacation/leave type uses a different accrual calculation option. When the current type is calculated by anniversary or fiscal year, you can adjust the offset to 1 or -1 to change the actual range of each year to add one year or minus one year. For example, if your company was founded on June 5th, 2002, and the current type's accrual calculation option is by fiscal year. By default, My Vacation Tracker will treat fiscal year 2009 as June 5th, 2009 to June 4th, 2010. While, if your company's 2009 fiscal year is from June 5th, 2008 to June 4th, 2009, you can set the offset as -1 to make My Vacation Tracker adjust the calculation.
- Free upgrade for both V1.x and V2.x users. Your V1.x's license user/key still works with V2.
How to Upgrade from V2.x
- Do not uninstall your current version (v2.x).
- During the installation process, the "Upgrade" option will be selected automatically. Follow the installation wizard then your old version will be overwritten automatically. All existing data will be untouched.
How to Upgrade from V1.x
- Do not uninstall V1.x. V2 can coexist with V1.x on the same computer. V2's data is independent with V1.x.
- During the V2's installation process, make sure the installation folder is different with your current V1.x's installation folder. By default, it uses a different folder of V1.x.
- After you finish V2's installation, make sure My Vacation Tracker V2 is not running. Then go to the Start -> Programs -> My Vacation Tracker V2 ->Database Migration Tool (from V1.x to V2.x). The "Database Migration Tool" will be launched. Follow the on-screen instructions to import your V1's data into V2.
- Start V2 from Start -> Programs -> My Vacation Tracker V2 ->My Vacation Tracker. You will see all of your V1's data in V2.
- Phase out V1.