What's New in Version 2.0 (released on November 21st, 2008)
- Custom vacation/leave type
- Statistics for any single staff/single department/all staffs of a single type/all types of specified year or multiple years.
- Custom accrual calculation option (natural year, enrollment anniversary, or fiscal year)
- New legend showing all types' colors including the holiday displaying color/pattern.
- Password protection. Now you can specify unlimited user accounts and force each user to login before he can use My Vacation Tracker.
- Custom label text color on the planner.
- New wizard to help you create custom vacation/leave types, departments on your first run of My Vacation Tracker.
- Intuitive type definition grid in the preference window.
- Default working days and working hours for the whole company.
- Able to add staff's email address when you create or edit a staff.
- And many other minor enhancements.
- Free upgrade for V1.x users. Your V1.x's license user/key still works with V2.
How to Upgrade
- Do not uninstall V1.x. V2 can coexist with V1.x on the same computer. V2's data is independent with V1.x.
- During the V2's installation process, make sure the installation folder is different with your current V1.x's installation folder. By default, it uses a different folder of V1.x.
- After you finish V2's installation, make sure My Vacation Tracker V2 is not running. Then go to the Start -> Programs -> My Vacation Tracker V2 ->Database Migration Tool (from V1.x to V2.x). The "Database Migration Tool" will be launched. Follow the on-screen instructions to import your V1's data into V2.
- Start V2 from Start -> Programs -> My Vacation Tracker V2 ->My Vacation Tracker. You will see all of your V1's data in V2.
- Phase out V1.